Cie Digital Labs is looking for a project management expert that is passionate about continuous process improvement all while having the technicals chops to help guide the team toward success. The Technical Project Manager will work closely with our designers and engineers to anticipate day-to-day needs and assist with production of high-quality work. You’ll be helping to shape the entire mobile experience on multibillion dollar consumer facing projects in an agile environment. This role requires accurate and effective communication and a good dose of problem solving with cross-functional teams throughout all levels the organization.
Our team is full of members with a variety of expertise and skill levels. They’re young in heart and spirit and thrive off of interpersonal interactions. Together you will all collectively tackle day to day challenges and push the department forward. Oh, the team also has a pet fish – scrummy! He’s got a little bit of sass but you’ll love him. If this sounds like you….KEEP READING!
WHERE YOU’LL BE IN A YEAR:
- MAKE AN IMPACT You will have built and managed the development of multiple digital products and startup ventures.
- ALWAYS BE CHALLENGED You won’t be pigeonholed into any one industry or type of project. You will constantly be learning and evolving in order to deliver top-quality work across multiple industries.
- HAVE A BIG SAY Your thoughts and ideas will be heard, valued and implemented. You’ll proactively motivate the team through your insights and management expertise.
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO GET THERE:
- Provide oversight and manage all aspects of projects operating under different methodologies (primarily scrum and critical path)
- Create and track documentation such as project plans, team decisions and outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Analyze variances by managing and reporting discrepancies to project scope, schedule, and budget building exciting apps/working with exciting clients
- Flex your strategy, you’ll work with different people and teams, and your communication strategies should be tailored to your audience, what they need to know and how they’ll process the information best
- Master the details through thorough documenting and following up on team decisions, issues and action items
- Juggle curveballs, projects are full of unknowns and you’ll have to identify and work through potential dependencies and novel challenges
- Be a controller by owning your projects and know where they’re at every step of the way, so you can set your team up for success.
- Be a partner to our external business teams will look to you to minimize the fires, translate code language and provide project updates every step of the way.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Speak geek: You’ll need to understand what it takes to build digital software and applications and know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
- Save the date: Whether Gantt, scrum or Kanban, you need to know how to put together a schedule and work with the team to produce their best work.
- Numbers are your best friend: You need to have an understanding of how to keep tallies on your budget and know how to forecast based on cost trends, making adjustments where needed.
- Teamwork = Dream Work: You need to know how to bring out your team’s best work.
- Manage the group: Know how to prioritize your own work and that of the team while working on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!